
On Sunday, 20th of December, I'll be moving back to Lusaka in preparation for my next placement with CARE International. These past 3 months in the village have been one of the most humbling and most valuable life experiences. When I arrived in October, I immediately felt at home. The Muzuma family is wonderful and the food they cook is absolutely delectable. I am really going to miss them.
This past week, my host father has taught me so many things about life, about hard work and about nurturing those who are trying hard to succeed in a complicated environment. At 73, his level of energy and alertness has completely blown me away.
Despite the language barrier, my senior host mother (Mr. Muzuma's first wife), definitely took care of me like I was one of their own. Her, and Mrs. Muzuma Jr.'s ability to manage a gigantic family is absolutely beyond me.
I will definitely be back a few times to visit the family within the next 8 months.














No comments:
Post a Comment