Friday, November 20, 2009

sights of pemba town

I thought I would show some pictures of the town of Pemba. The pictures below are of the town-centre. I live in a village 5 km from the main road, pictured below. I wasn't kidding when I said Pemba consisted of one road and approximately 10 buildings.









My host sister, Moddie, and her tailoring business. Her and her friend are producing rugs made out of chitenje (African fabric) and maize bags. I bought 5 of them!

When I saw this local wearing a Crews and Tango t-shirt, I almost went into shock. For those of you who don't know, Crews and Tango was a bar (its closed ever since) that my friends and I used to hang out in downtown Toronto. Apparently Zambians buy a lot of used clothing shipped from Canada. Small world!

1 comment:

  1. LOL on the Crews and Tango shirt! That's awesome. A small piece of Church Street there for you! I would take it as a sign. :)

    ReplyDelete