Monday, December 21, 2009

farewell pemba... see you soon

Willard and I in front of the office

Working with Willard at IDE has been a wonderful experience. I wouldn't have gotten through these past 4 months without his support. He is one of the most easy-going and most patient people I have ever met. When I would be frustrated about things, Willard would be there to pick me back up. During weekends, he would welcome me into his home to spend time with him and his family (those rascal little kids). Thanks Willard for a great 3 months. (The man needs a promotion)

Field work isn't easy; especially when the amount of output is so small compared to the amount of time, energy, and effort put into it. Despite the frustrations, I fully understand and truly believe in it's value and the importance of getting it right. It is in the field where the actual interactions with beneficiaries take place. It is in the field where smallholder farmers learn and grow. I will try my utmost best to bring these lessons that I have learned to my work with CARE-International's ADAPT project come January.

Me facilitating a farmer workshop

Willard's son Chinyanta (on top of me), and his niece and nephew.

2 comments:

  1. had a few moments in all my craziness to visit ur site here, Arty! looks good ! I am so proud of ur accomplishments with EWB - keep up the good work and sharing ur updates/feedback with us! Much love and peace! Dave

    ReplyDelete